Cancellations - PLEASE REVIEW
Our cancellation fee schedule varies according to the type of tour. Your deposit is fully refundable up to the final payment due date. On any cancellation made after final payment is due, the following fee schedules apply.
All motorcoach cancellation fee (final payment due 45 days before departure):
- Cancel 45-15 days before departure 50% of total price
- Cancel within 15 days of departure 100% of total price
Fly/Train cancellation fee (final payment due 75 days before departure):
- Cancel 75-61 days before departure 10% of total price
- Cancel 60-30 days before departure 50% of total price
- Cancel within 30 days of departure 100% of total price
Cruise and International tours: Refunds for cancellation of cruises and international tours depend on the cruise line or international destination. Please refer to specific tour page or call for details.
Final payment is due 45 days before departure for an all-motorcoach tour and 75 days before departure for tours involving air or train unless otherwise noted. Some final payment deadlines for cruises or international destinations vary so please review tour page or call for details.
Tour Price Inclusions (and tipping policy)
The price of the tour includes all attractions, lodging, motorcoach transportation, breakfast and dinner daily (unless noted otherwise), and tips for hotel, airport, and restaurant personnel. If the tour involves air travel, the cost of the ticket is included unless otherwise noted. Some airlines charge for checked baggage and that is not included in the tour price. Tips for the driver, tour managers, and step-on guides are left to the discretion of the traveler and should be in accordance with services received. Typical gratuities for tour manager and driver are $5-$7 per person, per day.
We offer Travel Insured Group Deluxe travel protection for the tours listed with the travel protection price indicated next to the tour fare. If there is no price listed next to the tour fare, we offer Travel Guard travel protection, which you must purchase directly from Travel Guard. We will send you information about purchasing Travel Guard travel protection with your confirmation.
There are many reasons (lost baggage, supplemental medical coverage, etc., please see plan documents for details) and following are two main reasons we highly recommend you purchase travel protection:
1) Trip cancellation - If you are forced to cancel your Sunrise Tour for medical reasons (for you or an immediate family member), travel protection ensures a complete refund of monies paid (except for the premium paid for the plan).
2) Trip interruption – Unfortunately, there are circumstances that can prevent passengers from fully participating in a tour and may require an early departure or extended stay. For example, if a passenger suffers an injury which requires immediate care and prevents the traveler from continuing the tour, insurance will cover the cost of the extended stay, the cost of transportation home and the value of the missed tour. If you do not purchase travel protection, you will personally incur these costs. From experience, we can tell you that this can be very expensive.
For each departure, we determine the pick-up points (listed on the booking form) to be used based on the departure route and the number of requests for each point. If less than 4 travelers request a point, we will not utilize that point and you must choose an alternate location to join the departure. All pick-up points allow parking for your vehicle. Sunrise Tour pick-up point partners offer the use of parking spaces by Sunrise Tours travelers as a courtesy. Neither Sunrise Tours nor parking lot owners assume responsibility for incidents occurring to parked cars. You will be notified of the timing and location of pick-up points for your vacation 2-3 weeks before departure. If you would like to spend a pre-night before departure, we can provide a hotel room at some of our pick-up points at a reduced rate. If the routing allows, we may pick up along the way in outlying areas.
A passport is required on any tour that leaves the United States, including Canada. Effective May 2023, a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license (DL) or identification card (ID) will be required to board domestic flights or enter military bases or secure federal facilities unless you have a valid US passport.
Singles Requesting Roommates
If you would like to go on tour with us, but do not have a roommate for a specific trip, let us know and we will match you with someone else (same sex of course). Just let us know at least 75 days before departure and we will room you with another traveler at the double rate. If there is no roommate available on the tour you request, you will still only have to pay the price of a double. If you decline the roommate assigned, you will be responsible for the single supplement. Of course, if you prefer to travel individually, you can still sign up for the single fare. This offer is not valid on cruises, and some select tours.
Method of Payments
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, check or cash.
Seating on the Motorcoach
Seating is assigned and will be rotated on a daily basis. Special seating requests are honored on the basis of availability. Paying the single fare does NOT ensure you will have a seat to yourself on the coach, it only ensures you a room by yourself.
Sunrise Tours is not responsible for any injury, delay, loss or accident due to any act or negligence on the part of any person or company rendering services on any of our tours. We reserve the right to change any itinerary.
After You Book A Tour…
After you have booked a tour and we have received your deposit, the following is a schedule of correspondences:
1) confirmation of deposit received
2) your final payment is due 45 days before departure for an all-motorcoach tour or 60 days before departure for tours involving air or Amtrak trains (please note you will NOT receive an invoice when final payment is due)
3) you will receive a letter about 2-3 weeks prior to departure that will include your luggage tags and important details such as pick-up times and locations, hotel phone #’s, what to bring, and a detailed itinerary (subject to change). Please bring this with you on tour.
By signing up for and participating in a tour, you are agreeing to have any pictures taken on tour published in Sunrise Tours printed or web material. If you do not wish to have your picture used in any form by Sunrise Tours, please notify us prior to traveling.
The maps provided in this brochure are general outlines and not meant to outline specific routes to be driven. We reserve the right to change routing on any tour.
Last Minute Travelers
We love adding last minute travelers! We are always happy to add you to a tour that isn’t sold out, even up to a few days before departure. However, please be aware that additional charges may be necessary (particularly on fly tours) if you book after final payment date. We are happy to advise you of such charges before your book.